Monday, March 5, 2012

Great Agility Weekend!!!

I was supposed to show 3 days at a trial in northern Indiana but decided to skip friday as we were under severe tornado threats. Unfortunately it turned out that the threats were very real. 5 miles from my home, the entire town was destroyed. It was a scary day, and incredibly sad. While I can relate to losing everything I own to a natural disaster, I cannot relate to what happened there. My heart goes out to everyone involved.
 I went to the trial saturday and sunday, and let me say I am GLAD I DID! Moxie was a STAR. She was clean both days and got 2 QQs for the weekend. Thats 3 left for next years nats, and 4 left for her MACH. Man, let me get this stuff over with so I can train and finish her running aframe! We leave for Nationals in 24 days!!!! April and I are so excited. Getting everything ready for the plane trip and the long exciting journey. And seeing a lot of skills polished with Moxie is a good sign. Still iffy on her aframe stops but at least I am patching it up to the best of my ability, and not stressing since I know we will be running them soon anyway. Sally was AWESOME even though the footing was on mats... She got a Q in Jww on sat and Q in std on Sunday. I think she needs 1 more Q for her MX now. Hustle was a straight STUD all weekend. WOW.. I am getting super excited about this dude. He only got 1 Q in open Jww, but his runs looked GOOD. He is handling like a dream and starting to get his weaves a little better. Aframes were awesome! I really connected with him on course this weekend, and I think he got a better understanding of the game as a whole. Still stuff to work on, but watch out for him when its all put together :)   He may be hitting 26 inches sooner than expected! And I had a nice moment with him, out in a field, just looking at him move and watching him look at me. He is turning into a MAN, and such a handsome, well rounded one. What a guy!
 On another note, my student Erin went with me to the trial, and watching her handling skills improve and her dogs technical skills in action made me so proud! It really is more gratifying watching your students succeed than it is succeeding yourself! Her green dog went 4 for 4 and earned her open titles and her 1st ex jww Q, and her wild man who is a total retrain for a Nov std Q with fantastic r uns all weekend. Yay for students!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you guys are on a roll, how cool is that right before nationals? ;-)

    ReplyDelete