Monday, February 13, 2012

Updating Website..

Who knew this could be so difficult. I am moving web providers and trying to get a domain name release has taken a month. Its frustrating and not necessary! Oh well, it will be worth it in the end when I can update it more frequently and add cool new things to it!
 We have a new tiller for the barn, which helps keep the dirt fresh and awesome for the dogs to run on. Heater should be working soon, so we will have HEAT! Yahoo..  I am putting new classes together and new things for the students to do, and I have a few other new things coming down the pike. Should be a fun and exciting year if all goes to plan!
 Moxie trained REALLY crappy today in the weaves. Its okay, because I threw an entry at her I knew she would have trouble with. I am going with Jenn Cranks suggestion, that I train it until march 1st, and if I dont have that skill by March 1st, I'll shape it at nationals. She has trouble bending back into pole #2 on a fast shallow angle with on side weaving, and I knew that. Other than the weaves being a bust at that angle,  she totally rocked 24 inch jumps, both with wraps, serpentine recall to heels, and hard angles. I like training her at 24 because I think it's giving her a bit more muscle. I am also trying to trust her sends more. She has fabulous sends, yet I baby them. I am working on trust. Unfortunately I was wait listed and didnt get in for BOTH my february trials... So, I have 3 trials before Nationals. Which also puts a damper on my MACH before Nationals goal. I set that because I had 14 tries to get 6 QQs. Now I have 9 tries for 6 QQs. Meh, it's just a MACH. She'll get it. I'm more interested in finishing her 2013 National Qs. Isn't that sad? I really want to qualify for Nationals more than get a MACH. People get SO cranked about a MACH. I  mean, it's cool and I'll be super excited to have it over with. But people truly believe it's the end all/be all of titles. Anyone with a moderately consistent dog and enough money can earn a mach. Now, that ADCH... I want an ADCH! After our MACH, and Nats Qs, I am after that ADCH. That is a versatile dog, and you have to beat people to earn it! Snooker, Gamblers, Pairs, Jumpers, Standard, plus all your Tourney Qs and those DAMN SUPER Qs!! Damn the Super Qs!  
  Hustle was a good boy, he weaves pretty well in the barn. I try to throw stuff at him and keep mixing it up so he will weave 12 more consistently. When he finally DOES  get it, his weaves will be nice. It's that boy brain. He also had his first taste of me coming OVER the bar after him for not collecting on a recall to heel. I thought he was going to bury his head in the dirt. Makes me crazy, he is SUCH a good jumper, and he won't collect on a recall to heel out of a tunnel. So, I sent him in the tunnel, set up in a recall to heel and a stride before liftoff I block the jump, reach over the bar, and FEED him for rocking back. Boy did he collect after that. He still isnt turning as nicely as I would like going from extension to relative collection, but he is getting there. And 24 inch jumping is where he will stay a while, until I move him to 26. Probably once he is in excellent B I will move him to 26 inches. His running Aframe is nice so far. I'm excited about that!

 45 DAYS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Training with Moxie sounds like it is at a very exciting point.....my doggie Cricket says that collecting to come to heel out of a tunnel is hard and not the most fun, hahahahaha, baby dogs are a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feast! I admire that dog fetching that ball.
    dog sitiing kemptville

    ReplyDelete