Friday, December 4, 2009

Early New Years Resolutions

I have decided to make some early resolutions. Today is the day after the one year anniversary of our fire, and it just seems like the right time to start over.
1. I have decided to start jogging again, and make a real effort to get in, and stay in, shape. To facilitate my goal and get me motivated, I am going to sign up to run the Derby Mini Marathon in April. Since I don't want to DIE while trying to accomplish this, it will certainly get me going!
2. I have decided to put a real effort into my business and commit myself to offering quality personalized instruction.
3. I have made some serious goals for my dogs next year, and I intend on reaching them.
a. Sally needs to get her MX, MXJ and qualify for USDAA and AKC Nationals. No excuses.
b. Moxie needs to get her MX, MXJ and qualify for USDAA and AKC Nationals. No excuses.
c. Hustle will be ready to compete by May, and have his OA, OAJ by December. No excuses.

To start my day today, I partially cooked the dogs some deer meat for breakfast, and went to the gym. I am following a 10 week plan for a 10k run, and will follow that with a 10 week plan for a mini. We shall see how this turns out! I walked a brisk 1.5 miles today at the gym. Not much but I am starting the real plan on Monday, so I didn't want to be super sore on the actual day #1.
I am working with Hustle to get him to retrieve, so we are, again, free shaping a toy pick up. Today he mouthed it, so he got a jackpot. I am setting my goal for 3 days for a full retrieve, to put some pressure on myself, because I know I can do it.
I am going to work diligently on Moxie's running contact behavior, and her WEAVES! She should have double Qs by now, but weaves are killing us. I am going back to the beginning of 2x2 weaves, and working from there. Her issue is confidence.
I am going to keep with basics on Sally. 6 recall to heel positions, 2 jump grids and forward, lateral sending. I need to maintain her weaves, because they save me a LOT on course, and we need to do something about her contacts. She doesn't miss, but she is S L O W.
Bailey is semi retired but sitting at 3 Qs away from her MXP. I am going to touch on contacts with her, and weaves, and never do more than 2-3 jumps without a reward. She will be 11 in May, and it would be nice to finish her up before then. She loves cold weather and indoor trials, so we have a good shot at it next year.
Other than that, I am excited about the blog, my business, and getting on with life after a year of being suspended in time.

4 comments:

  1. Love the new blogs and good luck on resolutions! Love Zima and Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to start a blog! A mini marathon is a big goal--best wishes for that, and all your other goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs are so much fun.
    I would love to qualify for both AKC and USDAA Nationals with Panic as well, although at this point USDAA seems a little more attainable since we are still in Open Standard!
    I'm sure you will meet your goals and then some, can't wait to read about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrian, You need to qualify so we can all caravan around the country with a border collie herd. Actually, are you interested in going as a spectator this year to AKC nationals with us? Just pitch in a little for gas and hotel, its a great experience!

    ReplyDelete